Pages

"In order to be irreplaceaple one must always be different."



Coco Chanel




Saturday 1 January 2011

Military coats on city boys...

If you haven't noticed already, the military has come to town... well at least fashion has brought military to town. Military coats are weaving their way into winter fashion for both men and women this season.

Below is a guy who works in the same office block as I do, except he works for Burberry while I sell learning solutions. A little bit jealous. So when I asked him what he was wearing I expected to hear him say Burberry this, Burberry that. Surprisingly enough, his coat isn't from the latest Burberry range (although if you check out their lookbook you can see the influence). Turns out the coat is from Primarni (aka Primark) and the leather military-esque boots are from Topman. I love it.  Again, this is proof that you don't need to be rich to rock a great outfit. In so far as money can't buy you style, great style can be expressed with very little money. Pulling together a notable outfit on a shoe-string budget is a fine art and one that deserves praise.


Mio is wearing vintage boots with fur trim for extra warmth and comfort,  coupled with a felt military style coat he bought whilst in Japan... 


Speaking of Japan, I'm getting very excited about my impending trip to Tokyo. I wonder what street fashion creations will be emerging from the uber trendy capital of Japan this time round. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment